Commercial Floor Cleaning Equipment Saves Money on Labor Costs
You can choose to utilize manual labor or automate cleaning processes using floor cleaning equipment when it comes to keeping your warehouse neat, tidy, organized, and clean. There are pros and cons of both methods you need to weigh carefully to determine how you can save the most money on your labor costs.
Manual Mopping Pros
- Manually mopping surfaces is beneficial in confined areas and stairs with limited room for a commercial machine.
Manual Mopping Cons
- Mop water can get dirty faster and requires frequent changing.
- Bacteria, dirt, and debris can get caught in mop heads and transferred from one area to another.
- Bacteria, dirt, and debris can be left on the surface, as each employee will mop the floor using varying degrees of pressure.
- For large open spaces, to thoroughly clean these areas can require an entire team of employees.
- The labor hours required to mop and clean large areas can be significant.
- Excess water and moisture can be left on floors and could create a slipping hazard.
- Floors will take longer to dry before they are safe to walk on.
- There is no return on investment for manual cleaning costs.
Commercial Cleaning Machine Pros
- There is less water left on the surface as the machine also removes excess water.
- The surfaces will be cleaner because the machine applies the same pressure to remove bacteria, dust, and debris.
- The scrubbing brushes are designed to be self-cleaning on certain models to keep them cleaner than conventional mop heads.
- A commercial cleaning machine requires a single employee to operate it, so your labor hours are reduced.
- A single employee can clean surfaces much faster and in less time compared to manual mopping.
- The costs for a commercial cleaning machine provide a return on your investment.
- Returns on investment could be experienced in as little as two to three months.
- There are different types of cleaning machines that are able to sweep and scrub a variety of surface materials.
- There are several different sizes of cleaning machines from walk-behind models to ride-on models.
Commercial Cleaning Machine Cons
One drawback to using commercial cleaning machines is you do have to allocate time for regular maintenance of the equipment. Maintenance is required to keep the machine operating correctly. You also have to empty and clean out various tanks on the machine that collect dirty water.
Another minor concern employers should be aware of is your employees will need to be trained on how to use commercial cleaning machines. Since these are moving pieces of equipment, proper safety must be practiced whenever they are in operation.
As evidenced, using a commercial floor cleaning machine does have numerous advantages over manual mopping while helping to reduce labor costs and keep your warehouse cleaner. To learn more about commercial floor cleaners, or for assistance in selecting the right ones for your warehouse, please feel free to contact Atlas Toyota Material Handling at 877-438-2719 today!