If you’re like a lot of warehouse owners, you’ve only ever used sit-down forklifts. How much do you know about stand-up forklifts? Have you ever compared the two options to see which might be better for your business?
- Sit-down forklifts are comfortable to operate. This is important if the driver needs to use the forklift for an extended time, and may be the best option if the operator doesn’t need to leave the driver’s seat. When operating in small spaces is important, a 3-wheel forklift is a good choice if you’re set on sitting down.
- A stand-up forklift operates more efficiently in small spaces. Stand-up lifts also provide good visibility and an improved turning radius. The main drawback of stand-up forklifts is that they can’t handle all workloads.
When you’re shopping for a forklift, ask yourself these questions:
- How far does the forklift need to travel, for how long at a time?
- What kind of product will we be moving?
- Does the operator need to get on and off the forklift frequently?
- What kind of flooring will be under the forklift, and does the warehouse have tight spaces?
- What kind of training will the operators need for OSHA compliance?
At Atlas Toyota Material Handling, we provide not only forklifts but also the training your operators need to drive them. We’ll work with you to find the right machine to provide maximum efficiency for your company. We also carry a wide assortment of forklifts, with four facilities, factory-trained technicians, and a large forklift service fleet that provide 24/7 service throughout Chicagoland. For more information, contact us through our website.