The warehouse is at the heart of just about every industry. As technology evolves, however, many warehouses are becoming outdated. How can you ensure that your warehouse design is not just efficient, but also created with worker safety at the forefront of planning?
- Create pedestrian-only areas, as well as designated routes for heavy equipment. Doing so will help prevent motor vehicle accidents in and around the warehouse.
- Make lighting a priority. Adequate lighting will help workers do their jobs safely.
- Provide safety equipment. Hard hats, eye protection, gloves and fall arrest equipment can go a long way toward preventing accidents.
- Automate processes to keep workers safe. Automated innovation improves warehouse working conditions as well as boosting productivity.
- Cultivate a culture of safety. Make clear-cut rules about issues like cleaning up spills and safe use of equipment. Continuously train your employees to reinforce safety rules and proper protocols, and remember that comprehensive training in the operation of equipment is the only way to prevent accidents caused by inexperience.
At Atlas Toyota Material Handling, we provide warehousing services that make it easier to create a high-functioning space and training to ensure your staff’s proficiency when working with machinery. We’ll work with you to customize a solution to meet your needs and maximize your warehouse’s organization and efficiency. We also carry a wide assortment of forklifts, with four facilities, factory-trained technicians, and a large forklift service fleet that provide 24/7 service throughout Chicagoland. For more information, contact us through our website.