Did you know that manufacturing is the third largest industry in the United States? Employing nearly 9 percent of Americans, manufacturing is one of the most influential sectors in the nation. If you’re considering a manufacturing career, there are some great points in favor of this path.
- Manufacturing is good for the economy. Manufacturing helps support not just individuals and families, but also the national and even global economies.
- It’s easy to find an interesting manufacturing career. It’s an industry that utilizes cutting edge technology and offers an exceedingly wide array of opportunities, often in very exciting sectors of work.
- Manufacturing jobs are safer than ever before. Technology and automation have made the manufacturing environment safe and keep workers out of harm’s way.
- The manufacturing industry affords opportunities to make real products. There’s something very satisfying about being able to see the fruits of your labor in the form of tangible products.
- There’s room for advancement for those who work in manufacturing. With plenty of options for your career path, there’s always room to grown in the manufacturing industry. What’s more, manufacturing jobs don’t just happen in the factory, but also include jobs like sales, marketing, and business development.
At Atlas Toyota Material Handling, we pride ourselves on supporting the manufacturing industry through our goods and services. We carry a wide assortment of forklifts, with four facilities, factory-trained technicians, and a large forklift service fleet that provide 24/7 service throughout Chicagoland. For more information, contact us through our website.